Thursday, March 11, 2010

Hello my name is Lenny David. My nationality is Indian and I love Indian food. I pretty much eat Indian food everyday. I also loves Jamaican, Thai, Italian, Spanish, especially Colombian food, and soul food. I do not mind trying new type of food but if the food does not taste good to me the first time, I probably won't eat that food again. Unless if I get the taste back again, I might try it again. The reason why eat so much Indian food is because my mom makes it everyday and I just cant turn it down. My mom is a really good cook and she makes different dish everyday. She only knows how to make Indian food only. When my friends come over to my house, my mom would say hello and offer everybody tea to drink and some snacks to go with the tea. She would also would offer lunch or dinner, depending on what time it is. If there is no food to eat, she will make something for everybody. Some of my friends loves my moms cooking and some don't. The one's that do not like my moms food usually say that its too spicy and they could not handle the spice. I am not going to lie, her food is very spicy and every time I'm eating the food I've to have a gallon water next to me. But the food taste so good that I do not complain. My mom is mostly nice to everyone. She do not like being taken advantage of and she treats everyone fairly. If she feels that someone talk bad about her or her cooking, she would never be nice to that person again. Other than that my mom is cool. She loves cooking for people and make sure that they are satisfied.

6 comments:

  1. Lenny,

    Sounds like your mom is pretty down to earth! It'd be interesting to try some of her Indian cuisine, even if it's spicy.

    See you in class Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tied indian food but i love something spicy..and i bet you get all your daily 7 cups of water in just one meal with that gallon you have next to you. Oh yeah and I agree with eleanor.. your mom does seems real cool :] Anyone who cooks has major points already..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey lenny, I know exactly what you are talking bro.. I totally admire indian spicy foods. In fact that's the kind of food that I grew up with..Cheers to spicy indian food..

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I do not mind trying new type of food but if the food does not taste good to me the first time, I probably won't eat that food again."

    This is SO true. I actually remember having my mother cook guatita (a hispanic dish containing tripe) and I simply couldn't eat it, because I honestly felt it was the most disgusting thing I had ever eaten in my entire life. To this day, my mother never makes it because she knows I'll run out of the house.

    Your mother sounds really nice, my mother would often invite all my friends over and make them food to eat as well! I've never tried Indian food, but I really should one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lenny!

    I love this post - its kind of an ode to your mom's food :)

    Ask her for some recipes for the class blog!

    ReplyDelete