Wednesday, March 31, 2010

"Food and Knowledge"

As a human being, we are born with plenty of gifts and curses. Most of us have the gift to see, communicate, taste, feel, and smell. Also some of us are cursed into greed, jealousy, power, hate, etc... One of the biggest curse that can bring any human being down is greed. Whether is food or money. Some of us see more than we can handle, and do not know when to stop or when to say no. "Food and Knowledge" goes hand in hand with these gifts and curses.

We live the way the we live now is because of what happened in the past. Some of us may have a different opinion about this but for the people that believe in GOD and the Bible, it goes back to the beginning when Eve ate the fruit from the tree of knowledge. What if she never ate the fruit from the tree of knowledge. Will we have knowledge today? Can we tell the difference between what is right and wrong? Do we know what is good and whats bad. Everything can be a speculation now. I believe that if Eve would've never ate the fruit, someone else would've. Who knows. But we cannot live in the past and worry about what happened back then. This is the present and we have the gift of knowledge and we need it to use that in a good way.

I believe in GOD and I thank GOD for everyday that I get to see and for every meal that I get to eat. I do not eat everything that I come across and I am very funny when it comes to eating from people that I do not know. Sometimes we have no choice and we have to eat what other people cook whether we like it or not. For example when we go to our friends house and his/her parents offers us food. Sometimes we cannot turn that down. But I always say my grace before any meal and ask GOD to protect me from any food poisoning or any other type of sickness. Don't get me wrong, I love to eat and I love to try new things, but I've a limit when it comes to that.

When it comes to food, some of us got it easy and some of us don't. Most of us got it easy because we live in the U.S. But if you look at some other countries that are so poor like Haiti or Somalia, they don't have it easy. There are plenty more countries that are struggling today with no food or shelter. We have to be thankful that we live here and food is really not an option. When we are hungry and have no food at home, all we have to do is go into kitchen and cook something. If there is nothing to cook go outside and find a place that's open to eat. In New York that's not very hard to find because we restaurants, drive thrus, and delis that are open twenty four hours. All we need is some cash in our pocket and our hunger is taken care of.

I believe that food is knowledge and power. When we are hungry, we have the knowledge to find something,cook or even buy something to eat to fulfill our hunger. I am very thankful now because I have the knowledge to know whats is good and bad. Sometime life catches us by off guard and we may not know what to do. That's when we pause for a second and think to our self about what we doing with ourselves. We have the power to change. Change is good when you living a bad life style and turn it around to do good. It can go the other way also. Change yourself before you change someone else. That's why knowledge is very important and we all have that but some of us do not know how to use it.

4 comments:

  1. I hope you guys like this article.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the way you said that "food is knowledge and power" because food generates power into our body and mind and that’s how our brain work which is a way to gain knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey len! I like your article man. I like the way you incorporated the idea of bible and present day scenarios of food. I think you went with proving what you set out to prove. So good stuff.

    ReplyDelete