Sunday, May 30, 2010

Annotated Bibliography

I was not a very happy candidate when I heard that we had to do a research paper as the final paper. I was not happy at all when I heard we had to do an annotated bibliography on top of this research paper. The reason why I was upset because I never did an annotated bibliography before. I had no choice but to get it done. First I went to the school library and researched books on about the Odyssey, then I looked for articles on jstor that related to food and knowledge that was going to help me write my final paper. It was not easy, I spent about 4 crucial hours researching and I did not find all the sources I needed on that day, but one of the librarian helped me pick out two books on about the Odyssey. The next day when I went over to my girlfriend's home, she helped me with my annotated bibliography. She made me feel more comfortable about the research paper and the bibliography. She was able to helped because she did a few research papers and annotated bibliography before. She also had this book called "A Pocket Style Manual" 4th edition, which really helped me with my bibliography. The book had examples of how to write the articles that I found on to the annotated bibliography. It took me another 4 hours to find my 3 articles from the internet and put on to my bibliography. It took me total of 8 hours to do this annotated bibliography. I was stressing because I never did a annotated bibliography before, but I felt so much better when I completed my assignment. I felt even better when Dr. McCormick looked over my annotated bibliography and told me good job. Now I feel more relaxed and I feel confident about my research paper because I know what I am gong to write about.

1 comment:

  1. Lenny, I'm happy your girlfriend helped you out and made you feel more confident, you're lucky she had the pocket style manual. You know even though you spent many hours on this annotated bibliography you'll see it'll pay off when you have an A research paper :]

    ReplyDelete